Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
- Highly professional with 12 years solid experience in office management and field organization with undying energy
- Excellent soft skills such as team work, work ethic, interpersonal relationships and customer relations
UVW Company Limited, Mombasa Kenya August 2012 – To Date
- Preparing and typing of proposals
- Attending to all phone inquiries in a polite and professional manner
- Greeting and welcoming all customers to the relevant offices in the organization
- Forwarding all incoming calls and mails to the relevant officials
- Preparing financial statements and invoices using the appropriate computer software
NGO Kenya Limited June 2005- May 2012
- Answered phone calls and directing them to the relevant member of staff
- Greeted and directed all clients/visitors to the relevant offices
- Used Microsoft office and spreadsheet to prepare documents and data reports
- Received and opened parcels for all staff member except the chief executive officer(CEO)
- Ensured the availability of all required basic office equipment and supplies by doing a regular check and ordering them where necessary
- Prepared support material and meeting agenda during the regular board meetings
Brainstead Group of Schools May 2000 – Dec 2004
- Backed up files both electronically and manually
- Provided all the necessary support to the school principle
- Took care of all office equipment through ordering new purchases, repairs and replacements
- Prepared, sent and received letters and parcels from the courier services provider
- Arranged for appointments and meetings with the school principal
- Handled all petty cash issues including paying the casual labourers
- Did any other duties as assigned by the school head
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
|University/institution||Course||Year of completion|
|Egerton University, Nakuru Kenya||Masters of Business Administration (MBA)||2003|
|Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya||Bachelor of Business Management||2001|
|Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya||(CPS)Certified Public Secretary(K)||1998|
Member-Sigona Golf Club, Limuru
Camping in remote areas with friends, going for a fishing expedition with my dog, and conducting motivational talks
(Available upon request)
Time to Make an Impression!!!
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Name and Address: of the Applicant
Name and Address: of Company
Subject: Application for the Position of Administrative Assistant
Dear Mr. /Ms. Last name,
I am writing to you in response to the job position that is available in your organization for the position of Administrative assistant. I came to know of this position through [XYZ] website listing. I am confident in saying that my career interests, qualifications and job experience are closely matching with the requirements that you have mentioned in your posting. Apart from my three years of hands on experience in administrative work, I also have a post graduate diploma in Administration.
While in college, I also did several part-time administrative jobs for school and college offices and as a result, gained the skills that are necessary in setting up and synchronizing admin policies as well as events for the related educational institutes. I am confident that I can extend these skills for creating similar setup for officials, staff members and board of directors. I have the organizational skills needed to evaluate and scrutinize incoming and outgoing memos, arranging and proposing synopsis briefs and reporting to the management and executives as well as to the board of directors. I am also skilled in conducting research, preparing and accumulating data and arranging pertinent papers for the higher management. I have also enclosed my resume with this cover letter that will further outline my specific administrative and clerical skills.
I look forward to discussing with you how my experience, education and specific skills mentioned above can add to the benefit of your organization. I will call/email you for a follow up next week. In the mean time, I can be reached at this phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx or (email address).
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Name of the Applicant